- A 2.75 undergraduate GPA based upon four years of course work or a 3.0 undergraduate GPA based upon work completed during the junior and senior years
- *A composite score of 290 or greater on the quantitative and verbal parts of the GRE General Test
- An initial teaching license
- Three appropriate letters of recommendation
* Bridgewater State University, College of Graduate Studies current student and recent alumni GRE-GMAT Waiver: Applicants are eligible for the GRE/GMAT waiver if they are a current BSU undergraduate senior majoring in history, or recent BSU alumni (three years or fewer) who graduated with their history degree from BSU and have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5. If both of these criteria are met, the GRE/GMAT requirement will be waived as an admissions requirement for the individual.
Early Admissions Application Requirements
- An online application
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate course work
- Two letters of recommendation from full-time BSU history department faculty members
- Have completed 60 credits and hold a minimum undergraduate BSU GPA of 3.5 at the time their application is accepted
- A minimum grade of “B+” in HIST 396
- A minimum grade of “B+” in three HIST 400-level courses
- A personal statement
Undergraduate students may apply to the MAT program once they complete HIST 396 and three 400-level history courses and 60 overall credits. Although students may be accepted into the graduate program at this point, they will be classified as undergraduate students until all requirements of the Bachelor’s degree have been fulfilled and the degree has been awarded.
While a second-semester junior or a senior, students will be allowed to take up to two 500-level history courses that will contribute to their undergraduate course requirements and later be transferred into their MAT program.
Under the early acceptance program, students will be admitted and classified as graduate students in the semester immediately following conferral of the Bachelor’s degree and their acquiring initial licensure. The courses under the early acceptance pathway that they have completed (with a minimum grade of “B”) will be transferred into the graduate degree profile as meeting the MAT course work requirements.