Upon completion of the BS and BA in Chemistry programs, students will be able to:
1. demonstrate working knowledge of each chemistry sub-discipline including:
d) organic, and
e) physical chemistry;
2. solve problems by applying:
a) the scientific method and
b) knowledge of chemistry sub-disciplines;
3. communicate chemical information and scientific findings in oral and written formats to both the general public and scientific communities;
4. develop responsible and ethical scientific conduct;
5. work in a team environment in both classroom and laboratory settings;
6. develop chemical literacy skills; and
7. demonstrate and apply their understanding of the concepts of safe laboratory practices.
* To discern the BA from the BS Chemistry program, the achievement targets on selected PLOs will be different for the non-ACS approved BA Chemistry program. The BA Chemistry program is ideal for students who select chemistry as a second major; thus, a minimum number of chemistry courses are required to allow for completion of the course requirements for both majors in a reasonable time.