Apr 19, 2018
Offered through: Ricciardi College of Business
Detailed information about admission is provided in the Admission-Graduate section of this catalog. The following are specific requirements for application to the MBA degree program:
- A bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited college or university; if the degree has not yet been awarded at the time of application, the successful applicant must be nearing completion of the bachelor’s degree
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate course work
- Three letters of recommendation, at least one each from academic and professional references, submitted on graduate-school reference forms
- A resumé which demonstrates the applicant’s potential for leadership and academic achievement as evidenced by activities during his or her professional career or undergraduate business studies
- Official copy of scores from the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT)
Applicants to the MBA degree program who meet certain provisions will be considered for admission without submitting a GMAT. The following provisions qualify an applicant to be considered for the GMAT waiver:*
- An advanced degree (e.g. master’s, doctorate, JD, etc.) in a specialized business field, economics, law, or related field, or in a discipline involving a significant quantitative component (e.g. engineering, science, statistics)
- CPA, CFA or CFM certification
*Effective Spring 2018, the GMAT waiver policy has been revised to the following:
Applicants to the MBA degree program who meet certain provisions will be considered for admission without submitting the results of a GMAT or GRE. The following provisions qualify an applicant to be considered for the GMAT waiver:
- An advanced degree (e.g. master’s, doctorate, JD, etc.) from a regionally accredited institution.
- A professional business – related certificate or license issued in the United States that requires a test of field specific knowledge, work experience, and at least a baccalaureate degree (e.g. Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Management Accountant (CMA), or Certified Financial Planner (CFP).
- An earned undergraduate degree within the last 10 years, with a cumulative minimum GPA of 3.3. Degree field must have included a significant amount of coursework in business, mathematics or quantitative analysis.
- An earned undergraduate degree within the last 10 years, with a cumulative minimum GPA of 3.0, a minimum of five (5) years of professional (non-– clerical, non – support) managerial work experience including supervisory roles, with increasing responsibility during that period. Degree field considered must have included a significant amount of coursework in business, mathematics or quantitative analysis
- an earned Graduate Certificate in Business Foundations from Bridgewater State University with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.5 and no course grade below a B-.
NOTE: The College of Business reserves the right to request a GMAT score from an applicant even if these conditions are met.
Applicants for whom English is a second language will be required to submit an official copy of results from the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or IELTS (International English Language Testing System), unless they have at least two years of experience in an American college or university. Students taking the TOEFL must receive a total score of 213 from a computer-based test, 550 from a paper-based test or 79-80 on the internet-based test. Students taking the IELTS must receive a total score of 6/6.5.
Program of Study
The MBA requires students to complete courses that develop skills in business analytics, managing people and organizations, and managing the environment. Depending on the student’s undergraduate courses, the requirements for the degree range from 33 to 48 credit hours.
Required courses (33 credits)
Total minimum credits: 33-48*
*Foundation requirements may be waived based upon advanced standing as outlined above.