The page uses Browser Access Keys to help with keyboard navigation. Click to learn moreSkip to Navigation

Different browsers use different keystrokes to activate accesskey shortcuts. Please reference the following list to use access keys on your system.

Alt and the accesskey, for Internet Explorer on Windows
Shift and Alt and the accesskey, for Firefox on Windows
Shift and Esc and the accesskey, for Windows or Mac
Ctrl and the accesskey, for the following browsers on a Mac: Internet Explorer 5.2, Safari 1.2, Firefox, Mozilla, Netscape 6+.

We use the following access keys on our gateway

n Skip to Navigation
k Accesskeys description
h Help
    Bridgewater State University
  Jan 22, 2018
Undergraduate/Graduate Catalog 2014-2015 [ARCHIVED CATALOG] See drop-down menu above to access other catalogs.

CNMH 582 - Internship: Mental Health Counselor - Dual License

(3-9 credits)
Prerequisite: CNMH 536, which may be taken concurrently; and CNGC 563, which may be taken concurrently; and CNMH 540, which may be taken concurrently; and CNMH 570 or CNMH 580; and a fieldwork application approved by the director of fieldwork
This variable-credit fieldwork experience is for the advanced counseling graduate student who is seeking a license as a Licensed Mental Health Counselor in Massachusetts (LMHC) and a School Social Worker/School Adjustment Counselor. Students pursuing dual licensure must complete a minimum of 450 hours of fieldwork at a mental health site and 450 hours at a school-based mental health site. Students may work 10-30 hours per 15-week semester and will register for three credits for each 150 hours of fieldwork they will complete that semester. For example, 10 hours per week/150 total hours = three credits; 20 hours per week/300 total hours = six credits; 30 hours per week/450 total hours = nine credits. Students must attend a clinical seminar each semester they are involved in field experience and must attend a minimum of two seminars over their 900 total hours/18 credits of fieldwork experience. Students must submit an application by the first week of April for the summer and fall semesters or by November for the spring semester. All fieldwork sites must conform to the current licensing regulations including having an approved on-site supervisor as defined by both the Board of Registration of Allied Mental Health Professionals for a Licensed Mental Health Counselor (see 262 CMR) and the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education for a School Social Worker/School Adjustment Counselor. This experience may be repeated up to two times for a maximum total of nine credits.