New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc.
Bridgewater State University is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc., through its commission on Institutions of Higher Education.
Accreditation of an institution of higher education by the New England Association indicates that it meets or exceeds criteria for the assessment of institutional quality periodically applied through a peer review process. An accredited college or university is one which has available the necessary resources to achieve its stated purposes through appropriate educational programs, is substantially doing so, and gives reasonable evidence that it will continue to do so in the foreseeable future. Institutional integrity is also addressed through accreditation.
Accreditation by the New England Association is not partial but applies to the institution as a whole. As such, it is not a guarantee of every course or program offered, or the competence of individual graduates. Rather it provides reasonable assurance about the quality of opportunities available to students who attend the institution.
Inquiries regarding the accreditation status by the New England Association should be directed to the administrative staff of the institution. Individuals may also contact:
Commission on Institutions of Higher Education
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
209 Burlington Road
Bedford, MA 01730-1433
Other Accreditations and Certifications
- Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology
- American Association for Health Education
- American Chemical Society
- American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages
- Association for Childhood Education International
- Aviation Accreditation Board International
- Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
- Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education*
- Council for Exceptional Children
- Council on Social Work Education
- Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs
- Educational Leadership Constituent Council
- Federal Aviation Administration
- International Reading Association
- International Society for Technology in Education
- Interstate Agreement for Educator Licensure
- National Association for the Education of the Young Child
- National Association of Schools of Music
- National Association of Schools of Art and Design
- National Association of Schools of Public Affairs and Administration
- National Council for the Social Studies
- National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education/Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation
- National Council of Teachers of English
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics
- Society for Health and Physical Educators
*Note: The BSU Undergraduate Program (Bachelor of Science) in Athletic Training is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE). The undergraduate program has been placed on Probation as of February 19,2016 by the CAATE, 6850 Austin Center BIvd., Suite 100, Austin, TX78731-3101.