New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc.
Bridgewater State University is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc., through its commission on Institutions of Higher Education.
Accreditation of an institution of higher education by the New England Association indicates that it meets or exceeds criteria for the assessment of institutional quality periodically applied through a peer review process. An accredited college or university is one which has available the necessary resources to achieve its stated purposes through appropriate educational programs, is substantially doing so, and gives reasonable evidence that it will continue to do so in the foreseeable future. Institutional integrity is also addressed through accreditation.
Accreditation by the New England Association is not partial but applies to the institution as a whole. As such, it is not a guarantee of every course or program offered, or the competence of individual graduates. Rather it provides reasonable assurance about the quality of opportunities available to students who attend the institution.
Inquiries regarding the accreditation status by the New England Association should be directed to the administrative staff of the institution. Individuals may also contact:
Commission on Institutions of Higher Education
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
209 Burlington Road
Bedford, MA 01730-1433
Other Accreditations and Certifications
- Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology
- American Chemical Society
- Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education
- Council on Social Work Education
- Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs
- Federal Aviation Administration
- Interstate Certification Compact
- National Association of Schools of Music
- National Association of Schools of Public Affairs and Administration
- National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education